De Waterkant Village, Cape Town, South Africa
Colourful De Waterkant Village is a unique European influenced village of semi-detached quaint cottages and cobbled streets preserved from the 1760’s, situated close to the CBD of Cape Town, South Africa.
Cradled between the city of Cape Town and the V&A Waterfront, De Waterkant Village is avant-garde, a cultural urban refuge highlighted by the abundance of restaurants, art galleries, gay clubs, salsa clubs, tapas bars and Parisian inspired café’s. Drawing comparisons from cultural and artistic villages from all over the world, De Waterkant embraces individuality and theatricality, echoed in the architecture and vibrancy of its residents and visitors.
Walking on the beautiful sidewalks, one cannot help but be caught up in its spell, cast by the beauty of the Dutch, Georgian and Asian influenced architecture, with flower boxes under the windows, sprawling balconies and rooftop decks providing exquisite views and majestic old trees that line the streets, filtering the sun selectively through their branches. This is a place that will tempt you into its fold and dare you to indulge and delight in life’s finer pleasures.
The potential for a unique lifestyle in the crumbling area of De Waterkant was first noticed in the nineties. Properties were renovated whilst retaining their facades and charm and life was breathed into an area where cottages had been scheduled for demolition. Igniting the hospitality village innovation, “Cape Town’s First Guest Street” rose up from the ashes and the vision of an authentic “traveller's village” was realised, growing to include a portfolio of over 40 participating properties.
- De Waterkant Village offers a variety of serviced self-catering cottages and houses with fully equipped kitchens. Some boast roof-top decks, splash pools and fireplaces. All properties are beautifully appointed within the village for a comfortable stay, many boasting splendid views of Table Mountain and the harbour.
- Fully serviced with a centralized reception and concierge services, De Waterkant Village is within walking distance of the Cape Quarter Shopping Centre, the city centre, many restaurants, bars and trendy nightspots.
- The portfolio includes cottage style houses, apartments, and two unique guest houses.
Location & Attractions
- Nestled on the slopes of Signal Hill and overlooking Table Bay, the charming De Waterkant Village lies in the Bo-Kaap area of Cape Town city which is both culturally interesting and historically rich.
- short walk to the gym and Green Point Market
- near restaurants, clubs, bars and cafes
- 15 minutes' walk to V&A Waterfront with shopping mall, restaurants, shops, cinemas, craft markets, helicopter tours, etc.
- close to Cape Town city centre, The Castle, Green Market Square Flea Market, The Company Gardens with Parliament, National Gallery, Museum and Planetarium
- 5 minutes' drive to lower cable station for cable cars up Table Mountain
near popular Clifton and Camps Bay beaches.
- 20 km from Cape Town International Airport.
- Minimum booking period: 2 nights
- Cancellation policy: In case of cancellation guests will forfeit following % of total account: 22 - 90 days before arrival - 50%; 0 - 21 days before arrival - 100%; no arrival - 100%
- 50% deposit needed for booking; balance by arrangement
- Credit cards Visa and Master card accepted.
- Rates subject to change without prior notice